Sunday, February 15, 2015

Welcome to My Garden

Recently I found myself wondering just how many people hear from God and don't share the message He whispers to them. Or how many people actually hear from God and ignore what He is saying to them. 

Do you ever notice that you took an alternate route to work or a familiar destination only to find you avoided some type of catastrophe? How did you know to take that route?

What about that job you didn't get? Were you disappointed, but later found out the job only lasted a few months and the position was eliminated? Were you really not the ideal candidate for that job, or was God saving you from future troubles?

Have you ever had a moment when you knew you should say something to encourage some stranger, but decided to keep your thoughts to yourself? Were you afraid your words would be rejected? Could your words have brought a little joy to that person's life?

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Psalm 84:11, "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly." (NKJV) We may not always know what God is doing or where He is leading us, but we can know that His plan is for our good. He is shining a light for us and He is speaking to us. I am convinced that His light that shines our way are not always just for our benefit, but for others as well.

I've seen many hurting people who feel they have no hope. They are afraid to open up about what they are going through. I have even met believers who are afraid to say "I'm hurting and I don't know what else to do". I believe that God allows us to go through hard times in our lives so that we can be a blessing to others (2 Corinthians 1:4).

Everything we experience can be used for the glory of God--to build His kingdom. We as believers should be listening to what the Lord would have us share with others. We have to put aside our own fears of offending others with our faith and be willing to say at the least "you look like you could use a friend" or "if you need to talk to someone, I'm available". I believe that one of the greatest gifts we can give someone is to be willing to listen to them. 

During the opening worship part of church service today God whispered in my ear, "I will never leave you nor forsake you". I knew that, but He reminded me of His presence in every situation. No matter how large or how small the challenges I face, He is with me--I am not alone. I wonder how many people needed to hear that today. The message today was about being generous. As I listened to the message I couldn't help but think about my empty wallet and the "tiny" offering I gave this morning. My generosity doesn't necessarily have a dollar sign in front of it. My generosity is also connected to my time and being willing to share all of God's blessings to me. That includes the "Whispers of Love" He speaks to me. 

I'm starting this blog as a step on my journey to sharing more of God with others. I invite you to join me in sharing A Whisper of Love with others. Together we can plant and water seeds in the heart of others. The Lord will provide the sunshine so that we can "bear much fruit" for the Kingdom. Let's get together with other believers to hear from the Lord and share. Who knows, what we hear and share may not only be a blessing to someone else, but may also help us draw closer to our Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment